23 April 2010

Thanks to Auntie Anne


I'd like to send out a sincere, heartfelt thank you to Auntie Anne for the gift we just received from her - the 1949 printing of Better Homes and Gardens Baby Book. It's outstanding!

Lots of great recipies like, Cornstarch Fruit Jelly, Boiled Custard, Beef Juice and even Creamed Liver! It also has some great tips for Dad while he's at work waiting on Mom to have the little bundle of joy.
Also, just a note to the Moms-to-Be out there, don't be alarmed by "The Depression Reaction", the book tells us that, Soon, you'll be your happy, peppy self again. Just hang in there!

And, On Smoking - "A cigarette now and then would seem to do no harm. If you're a heavy smoker, doctors advise that you cut down to a great extent, but you needn't quit entirely"

I can't believe all this great advice is packed into one book! I only wish we'd gotten before Sophia's arival.

No comments:

Post a Comment